Your privacy is extremely important to us. We have a few fundamental principles that we adhere to:
- We WILL NOT ask you for personal information unless we need it. (It's shady to ask for your income level, number of kids, etc for no apparent reason.)
- We WILL NOT share your personally identifiable information outside the Company except to comply to the law or where necessary to conduct business.
- We WILL NOT do anything that would make us feel uncomfortable if it were our personal information. Facebook, we're looking at you.
As used in this policy, "personal information" means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number or email address.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not Moon River Software's practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances:
First, Moon River Software may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Websites or third party products that we integrate with. A prime example of this is Drip, which is our email service provider for our newsletters and mailing lists. It would be impossible for them to send email on our behalf without your email address. Another example would be Stripe, which is the service provider we use for processing payments.
If Moon River Software is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Moon River Software will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Moon River Software is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Disclosure of Anonymized and/or Aggregated Information
Moon River Software reserves the right to use and disclose anonymized and/or aggregated information, whether public or private so long as it has not been combined with private Personal Information. This may be used for any purposes, including without limitation internal use.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Non-Personal Browsing Information We Collect. When you use the Websites, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your "IP address") about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using. In addition, whenever you log into a website, our servers (which, again, may be hosted by a third party service provider) keep a log of the pages you visit and when you visit them.
Notice. If Moon River Software is required to provide a third party with your non personal browsing information or to log in on behalf of a user (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then Moon River Software will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless Moon River Software is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Third-Party Email Synchronization
Bluetick allows you to connect to your third-party email accounts (such as Gmail, Office 365 or other providers) for the following purposes:
- Sending email on your behalf
- Reading your mailbox to:
- Identify replies to sent emails
- Identify automated responses from mail servers such as Out of Office/Vacation auto-responders, bounced emails or other errors
- Aggregate sent & received email statistics on a per-email address basis for the purpose of calculating first & last contacted date, who initiated communication and optionally converting email addresses into Contacts within the App
- Display contents of emails related to a Bluetick Contact in the App
- Uploading sent emails to your "Sent" folder
Bluetick requires the following permissions for connected Google accounts:
Read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from Gmail
- Bluetick provides the functionality outlined above using the SMTP and IMAP protocols. These are used to send and receive email, respectively. Essentially, it acts as an email client, similar to the Gmail web interface, Outlook, Apple Mail, etc. The SMTP and IMAP protocols were chosen for the App so as to provide the ability to synchronize with any mail server, regardless of the underlying implementation. Google requires this permission to access an account via SMTP and IMAP.
- Bluetick will access your basic profile information, including name and email address so we can properly synchronize with your account.
Compliance to the Google API Services User Data Policy
Bluetick's use and transfer of data to any other app of information received from Google's Accounts will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including Limited Use requirements.
Regardless of the third-party email provider:
- Bluetick will periodically check your mailbox via IMAP for new messages. The App will log into your IMAP server, look for new emails and process them to provide the functionality listed above. When new emails are discovered, they are downloaded and queued for processing, which takes place after the mailbox synchronization completes. This minimizes the length of time Bluetick is required to maintain an open connection to the customer mail server. It also provides the ability to restart the mailbox synchronization where it left off without starting over from the beginning should the mail server forcibly disconnect Bluetick while messages are being processed.
- As part of post-synchronization processing, each newly discovered email is matched to a Bluetick Contact and/or an email sent from Bluetick Sequences for the purpose of displaying this information inside the Bluetick application, marking a Contact as having reached a Goal within the corresponding Sequence and applying any automations which may be configured.
- When Bluetick sends emails on your behalf, it automatically limits the send rate to prevent the user from sending too many emails within a particular timespan. This throttling mechanism is applied to all scheduled and manually approved emails.
- If a copy of sent emails are not automatically placed in the Sent folder of your mailbox by your SMTP server, Bluetick will upload a copy to your Sent folder as part of the sending process.
- In some cases, our engineers may use internal support tools to help troubleshoot the mailbox synchronization process. They may need to locate individual emails related to a Contact, Sequence or from a specific domain in response to a support request, a bug report or to investigate security or performance issues. Use of these tools in production on customer data must be authorized by the Founder.
Moon River Software will NOT disclose information, even in anonymized, aggregate or derivative forms, that is made available by our connections to third party email providers. We will act in accordance to and adhere to the privacy requirements outlined by Google's Additional Requirements for Restricted Scopes.
Data Deletion Requests
You may request that your account information be deleted at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. If you have an active account, you must cancel your service before requesting your data be deleted. Upon receiving a valid request, we will mark your data for deletion and delete it within 90 days.
Note that records of financial transactions will be maintained for approximately seven years, based on Internal Revenue Service(IRS) guidance for taxation record keeping.
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
Special Note to International Users
The Websites are hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the Websites from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions. By providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
Effective Date: December 3, 2020